Health insurance verification is the method of confirming a patient is protected within medical health insurance plan. If insurance details and demographic details are improperly checked, it may disrupt the money flow of your practice by delaying or affecting reimbursement. Therefore, it is best to assign this task to a professional provider. Here’s how insurance verification services help medical practices.
Gains from Competent Insurance Eligibility Verification Services
All healthcare practices try to find evidence of insurance when patients sign up for appointments. The process must be completed prior to patient appointments. Together with capturing and verifying demographic and insurance information, the staff inside a healthcare practice needs to perform a multitude of tasks like medical billing, accounting, sending out of patient statements and prepare patient files Acquiring, checking and providing all patient insurance information requires great attention to detail, and it is very difficult inside a busy practice. Therefore more and more healthcare establishments are outsourcing eligibility verification in medical billing to competent companies that offer comprehensive support services such as:
• Receipt of patient schedules through the hospital or clinic via FTP, fax or e-mail
• Verification of all the necessary information such as the patient name, name of insured person, relationship to the patient, relevant cell phone numbers, date of birth, Social Security number, chief complaint, name of treating physician, date of service,, kind of plan (HMO or POS), policy number and effective date, policy coverage, claim mailing address, and the like
• Contact the insurance company for each and every account to ensure coverage and benefits eligibility electronically or via phone or fax
• Verification of primary and secondary insurance coverage and network
• Communication with patients for clarifications, if required
• Finishing of the criteria sheets and authorization forms
One of the primary features of outsourcing http://www.datalinkms.com/ is because they have a specialized team on the job. With a clear comprehension of your goals, the 91dexbpky activly works to resolve potential problems with coverage. By using on the workload of insurance verification, they assist you and also administrative staff focus on core tasks.